Writing Plan: Where to Start to Overcome Writing Block?

When I started to research the writing process, I found disjointed bits of information about literary devices, outlining and so on from a multitude of sources. This information overload only worsened my writing block. Not only did I have to make sense of the new information but I also had to organize and even more importantly, apply it in a meaningful way.

The following is the ordered list of what I think are the steps of a writing plan, the stage that occurs well before writing the story. These steps have a broad perspective with the aim of building a framework. The intention is to use this framework for filling in the story details only during subsequent steps. I am happy for your comments and suggestions.
-->
  1. Theme
  2. Character Arc
  3. Character Development
  4. Synopsis
  5. Choose your Literary Genre
  6. Broad (not detailed) Story Structure

CJ
Once Upon a Writing Block

1 comment: