Why 'Once Upon a Writing Block'?

Writing can be a challenge for me because I would sometimes find myself stuck in the uncomfortable rut of writer's block. When I review my life's writing pursuits, I realize that the quality has not been consistent. Could it be that such inconsistency, especially as it relates to the less-than-stellar cases, relates to my lack of structure and understanding?

Furthermore, I think that writing block is worse when I lack the same desperate kind of all-consuming passion that motivated my best writing projects. Specifically, my writing pursuits were often cathartic. It is as though I blanked out while my pen, completely possessed, took over. Afterwards, the results would be awesome. In fact, I won several awards this way. But what happens when I do not have a fire burning beneath my feet but still want to say something? 

I trust that the answer to my problems is to adopt a systematic approach and develop a deeper understanding of the writing process, techniques and so on. For instance, I think that a writing project should have a plan with clear objectives from whose basis a writing block will no longer occur since creativity is the only remaining consideration.  
-->

I have chosen to use this format to record the findings of my research into what I think is more of 'the  science' of writing. My aim is to approach this knowledge in a thorough yet simple fashion. I also intend for this exercise to produce a cumulative win-win situation for readers and me. For instance, since I must write my notes out for the public, I must take the trouble to think through many critical details and organize my thoughts in a way that I might not have done otherwise. Hopefully, many of you will find this information useful. Furthermore, others may suggest changes and offer good examples that will not only promote their work and websites but also improve the information on this website.

If my assumptions are correct, we will no longer be stuck in a writing block.

What's Next?

See my ordered list of where to start the writing plan


CJ,
Once Upon a Writing Block




No comments:

Post a Comment